ICOM DIGITAL ADVANCE SYSTEM
IDAS radios are packed full of great features to make communication a cinch. Learn more about what your IDAS radios have to offer with our monthly Did You Know features.
Icom Offers One-stop Shopping for Land Mobile Software
Our newly reorganized Knowledge Base has made it easier than ever to find and download all the software, manuals, and other necessary information for your Icom Land Mobile radios.
FDMA vs TDMA
Did you know that IDAS digital radios utilize FDMA technology vs. TDMA technology to create a true 6.25 channel? FDMA keeps the efficiency of true 6.25 kHz at all times and is native to its basic process.
- Receiver Voting
- Did you know IDAS digital receiver voting can clear up marginal coverage areas at minimal cost?
- Courtesy Tone
- Did you know you can program a courtesy “go ahead” tone on IDAS radios and repeaters?
- MDC-1200 and EMDC
- Both MDC-1200 and EMDC are signaling protocols that allow for advanced two-way radio features such as texting, GPS, PTT ID and more.
- Split Dispatch System
- All the subscriber units are allowed to communicate only to the dispatcher, while the dispatcher can communicate to all the subscribers.
- Track Your Mobile Fleet
- Using our Quicksilver GPS engine (IA-10301 module) that plugs directly in to the 25pin connector on the back of the F5061/6061 mobile, GPS capability is now accomplished.
- Roaming with IDAS
- Using the IDAS IP Repeater Link and the built-in repeater and subscriber features, you can provide roaming capability without the need for channel changing.
- Intrinsically Safe
- Did you know “Intrinsically Safe” (IS) and Nonincendive are protection levels for safe operation of electronic equipment in various explosive atmospheres. Icom has three models that are Intrinsically Safe with FM approval.
- IDAS Drop Link
- Did you know IDAS can help you connect multiple local repeater sites together via RF? The feature is called Drop Link. “Drop” means the local repeat function and “Link” means the link to another repeater site.